Monday, July 1, 2013

Covet Thy Neighbor by L.A. Witt

Covet Thy Neighbor (Tucker Springs, #4)
Grade: B
Hotness Level: Inferno
Kink Level: No Kink
Genre: Contemporary, m/m
Series: Tucker Springs #4
Reviewed by Anne
175 pages
 
Seth is a tattoo artist who lives above his business.  He's delighted to learn that his new neighbor is extremely good looking, gay, and open to a little flirtation and more.  He's distressed to learn that Darren is a Christian pastor.  Seth was terribly hurt by his devout Christian family when he came out to them.  He just can't get by the fact that Darren is a pastor.  However, they keep running into each other and the attraction just isn't dying down. Even worse, they find they have more and more in common.

This is the fourth entry in the Tucker Springs series.  This one is written by L.A. Witt and was my first L.A. Witt book.  It stands alone well, as all the books do.  In fact, I've read these books entirely out of order, starting with book 3 (Dirty Laundry), then reading book 2 (Second Hand), and now book 4.  Yes, I intend to go back to book 1 (Where Nerves End), which is another L.A. Witt book. 
 
The Tucker Springs books have been just magical for me.  This one especially intrigued me, because I wondered how the issue of Christianity and a pastor having sex outside of marriage would be handled.  I thought it was handled well.   I liked the contrasting experiences they had in coming out to their families.  The growth Seth had to make was painful for him.  Darren was almost too patient.  But it all worked for me, and I was disappointed to see it end.  All of the issues weren't totally dealt with, but I felt really confident that they would work through anything they came up against.
 
This was another low conflict romance - a favorite of mine.  I'd compare this series to Lauren Dane's Brown Siblings series.  Very hot and the conflict in the book is internal to the relationship.  I recommend it!

So, how about you?  Have you read this book?  Can you recommend another book that handled Christianity well without being preachy?

No comments:

Post a Comment