Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Redneck Romeo by Lorelei James

Redneck Romeo (Rough Riders, #15)
Grade-A
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-None
Series-Rough Riders #15
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kay
388 pages

Dalton McKay is the last single male in his generation. He also just moved back to his hometown after a three year absence. He had to leave his family to find out who he was, aside from a drinkin', fightin', ranchin', whorin' Mckay. Now that he knows who he is, he has to get the girl he's always wanted.

Aurora "Rory" Wetzler has grown up in Sundance. She and Dalton McKay have been friends since childhood, until they weren't. When they weren't friends, they were kind of more. Being kind of more and it imploding has left her emotionally scarred. Now, she's a more mature, confident woman. She is not gonna fall for the McKay charm again.

They are a lot of different plots going on this book. I won't give any of them away but they are majors plots. I started this book with a lot of doubt. I mean, I wasn't a huge Dalton fan, he seemed judgemental and kind of a beta male in the previous books. Also, this took place three years in the future from the last full length novel in the series. I don't know why but that left me a little off kilter before I started reading. I'm so very glad I kept going. I ended up enjoying this book immensely. I also ended up liking Dalton and understanding him better.

Kudos to Lorelei James for keeping a very long series fresh and exciting. I hate that it seems to be winding down. According to her website there should be one more book, but who will it be about?
The only possible McKay of marrying age is Sierra at twenty-one. Hopefully, she will continue writing about the Wests. There are seven of them I think.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't forgotten that I told you I'd read this series! -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is on my TBR list, but keeps getting pushed to the bottom. I never really cared for Dalton in any of the other books, so it seems easy to avoid. But perhaps I am just trying to avoid the end of a great series?

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete