Friday, July 19, 2013

Tropical Desires by Vivian Arend, Lexxie Couper and Jess Dee

Tropical Desires
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-Mild Kink
Series-Bandicoot Cove #1-4
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kate

The manager of Bandicoot Cove, an Australian resort, has invited some of her close friends and family to be guests at the resort's soft opening. And apparently, there's something in the air or water at Bandicoot Cove. Something that induces a tendency towards threesomes.

Paradise Found by Vivian Arend
Paige has been working in Australia for a while now, but will be leaving the country soon. When she does, her casual affair with Trent and Mason will come to a screeching halt. They knew from the start that there would be an end to the triad. But even though all three of them are secretly hoping for something permanent, they know their stay at Bandicott Cove will be their last time together.

Tropical Sin by Lexxie Couper
McKenzie and Aiden have been close friends since childhood. Aiden has also harbored a secret crush on McKenzie for just as long. Taking the advice of famous rocker Nick(who they meet for the first time at Bandicoot Cove), Aiden finally tells McKenzie how he feels. McKenzie realizes she's loved Aiden all along. Then Nick knocks on the door and asks if he can join in.

Island Idyll by Jess Dee
Sienna is using her trip to Bandicott Cove to recover from a broken heart. Her ex-fiancé, Ben loved her but loved his work more, so she broke it off. While at the resort she meets Josh, her high school crush. After spending a glorious day with Josh, Ben shows up at the resort determined to win Sienna back.

First off, let me say that this book of three stories was a hot, hot read. But I think you need to understand that I am at heart a reader who looks for that HEA. Even in my ménage books, meaning I like all 3 to have a HEA-together. For that reason, Paradise Found was my favorite of the three stories. Tropical Sin and Island Idyll did not end with all three participants together.

I also had issues with Tropical Sin and Island Idyll that I just didn't feel comfortable with, although I understand not every reader has the same issues I do. I didn't like that in Tropical Sin, a threesome was created with someone they knew for only a few hours, and the decision was made without any conversation between the couple. In Island Idyll, I didn't care for the sense of competition that occurred between the two men and I didn't like that one of them felt completely uncomfortable with the situation but went with it anyway. Again, those are just my issues, and they might not bother you. Despite my issues, together these three authors have managed to create a resort that I look forward to visiting again.

So now you know my hang-ups with ménage books. Do you have any make-or-break issues in your reading?

2 comments:

  1. Note: Goodreads lists this book as Bandicoot Cove #1-4. Kate and I have been discussing it and we believe this should be #2-4. #1 was a story written by Vivian Arend, Exotic Indulgence. Do you think this anthology would still be good if you hadn't read Exotic Indulgence first, Kate? ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to clarify that Exotic Indulgence was written by Vivian Arend, Lexxie Couper, and Jess Dee. It is about Kylie Sullivan, the manager of Bandicoot Cove, and the 3 men she has fallen for. It differs from Tropical Desires a bit because it is one story (told in 4 chapters, and there is no clear division of who wrote what) all about Kylie, rather and 3 individual stories written by 3 different authors (as in Tropical Desires).

    You definitely can read Tropical Desires without having read Exotic Indulgence first, although you will probably have questions about Kylie and her three men. However fear not, dear readers, because I checked today (7/19/13) and Exotic Indulgence is free at amazon.com.

    Happy reading,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete