Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Demon Lovers Boxed Set by Kate Douglas

Demon Lovers Boxed Set (Demon Lovers, #1-5)
Grade: D
Hotness Level: Inferno
Kink Level: Moderate Kink (sex with a demon, rape)
Genre: Paranormal, menage, polyamory
Series: Demon Lovers #1-5
Reviewed by Anne
238 pages (5 stand alone novellas about the same characters)
Addie was a normal human being until a bite on the neck turned into one part of a three part demon hunting team.  Along with Locan and Jett Addie will take on demons intent on hurting humans.  
So, this was part wack-a-doodle fun and part WFT? Ultimately this read a lot more like erotica than it did erotic romance.  I enjoy erotic romance (with a story and character development) more than erotica (sex for the sake of sex).  This was my second time reading a Kate Douglas book. I liked the first one I read (Dark Wolf) enough to read her again, but this set of novellas didn't work for me.

I think I could have handled the over the top wackiness, but the relationship just wasn't really there.  There were also some inconsistencies of plot that bugged me.  By then end there were other elements (infidelity, kidnapping, rape, addition of a fourth to the relationship and team with absolutely no discussion about it) that just were too much for me.
I'll read more Kate Douglas, but I'll probably stick to her full length stories.

1 comment:

  1. You almost had me at menage and ployamory but I have to draw the line at infidelity and rape.

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete